At Plantasjen we are passionate about plants. Our mission is to improve life with plants for the many. With over 140 stores in different formats and a growing number of smaller shops across Norway, Sweden and Finland, Plantasjen is the leading brand for plants in the Nordics. Plantasjen today offers a unique range of plants and solutions for plants, an offering that generated over 12 million customer transactions the last year.
We are offering a unique range of plants and plant solutions. Thanks to more than our 1,300 dedicated employees with a passion for plants and an outstanding supply-chain we are the leading brand for plants in the Nordics.
We are passionated about plants and our mission is to improve life with plants for the many. Our passion for plants is matched by our passion for people and the environment. Sustainability is an integral part of our business strategy and will increasingly impact our product offer, our operations and our partners.
Fast Plantasjen facts
- Present across Norway, Sweden and Finland.
- Over 145 stores in different formats and a growing number of smaller shops.
- More than 1,300 employees.
- Approximately 12.9 million customer transactions for the last year.
- Annual sales of over NOK 3.9 billion since 2017.
- Since 2016 Plantagen is owned by Ratos, an investment company that owns and develops Nordic companies.
Christer Åberg, Acting CEO
Christian Rykke, CFO
Peter Tichelaar, Range & Supply Chain Director
Andreas Myhrman, Commercial Director
Jørgen Lislerud, COO
It all began about 30 years ago in Norway. Two entrepreneurs set up a plant shop and a adjoining greenhouse. Their approach was not just to sell plants, but also to give customers good advice about how to cultivate them successfully. After a while the two founders decided to exploit their local concept on a nationwide scale.
Step by step, stores were established all over the country following a garden center concept. The approach was gradually polished, tested and proved. In the beginning of 2000 there were close to sixty Plantasjen garden centers in Norway. The management saw an opportunity to introduce its successful business idea to the other Nordic markets.
In Sweden, the Växus chain was acquired in 2002 and transformed into Plantasjen garden centers. In 2003 Plantasjen opened the first store in Finland. In 2016 Plantasjen was acquired by Ratos, an investment company that owns and develops Nordic companies.
Plantasjen of today offers its customers a unique range of products, semi-ready and ready-to-enjoy solutions. We help customer to succeed with plants. Plants not only look good, they also affects positively with our minds, bodies and the environment.
As a Plantasjen employee you are key to our success and future growth. Come and join us and apply for a work in one of our 145 stores or in one of our departments in Norway, Sweden or/and Finland.
- A fun and positive and exciting work environments. Through extensive training programs we cultivate growth opportunities for our employees.
- Great potential for professional development in lots of areas of competence, thanks to our many-faceted operations.
- We care about you as an employee. It is important that you feel healthy, content, happy and appreciated for what you do.
- Working at Plantasjen also includes a secure, competitive salary, health care contributions and employee discounts at our stores.
Looking for a job opportunity at Plantasjen?
See all vacancies
Sustainability is an integral part of our business strategy and will increasingly impact our product offer, our operations and our partners. Our ambition is to be a transparent and positive contributor to the sustainable society around us. We work continuously to make sure our environmental requirements are incorporated all the way, from seed to plant.
- A sustainabile supply chain.To support and improve our leading offer of plants and solutions for plants, we need a leading supply chain. We aim to concentrate our resources and focus on core suppliers. By limiting the number of products and partners, we cut a path for long-term and mutually beneficial partnerships. By seeking a high level of understanding and transparency in all the steps of the supply chain we want to improve all aspects of the production, distribution and use of our products. This will lead to reduction of possible negative impacts on the environment, improved quality and functionality and lower costs. We have spent the past years laying a foundation by improving our levels of control over the various different parts of our business. We have significantly reduced our number of products, suppliers and purchasing markets. At the same time, we have strengthened our competence and organisational capacity. Our next step is to gear up for taking an even greater responsibility in production, distribution and use of our products.
- The wellbeing from plants.Plants not only look good, they also interact positively with our bodies and minds. Being surrounded by plants creates a sense of tranquility and well-being. This is why our mission is to make plants available for the many, making them easily accessible as well as affordable. Our range is evolving with a stronger focus on plants and solutions for plants. The share of plants in our business model is already substantial and we intend to increase it even more over time.
- Passionate employees.We believe in maintaining and strengthening a motivated and high-performing workforce with a strong, positive and consistent culture. We offer equal opportunities and meaningful jobs. We value openness and work to clearly communicate the company's vision and objectives and our way of taking care of the organization. To create safe and meaningful jobs we focus on our physical, psychological and social work environment. We work preventive to reduce health and safety risks as well as work-related diseases and injuries with ongoing activities that promote health and increase motivation. These efforts involve every part and individual within our company.
- Caring for our planet. We are striving to increase our understanding of the impact of our products throughout their life cycles and we want to ensure that our products have a restorative impact on the environment. Since we are concerned with how our products are made and how they impact the world around us, we will work continuously so that our environmental requirements are incorporated all the way, from seed to plant.
Sustainability report archive: